Welcome to the Department of National Defence and Canadian Forces User web version of CANDID, the Canadian Defence Information Database, a product of the Director, Research and Development Knowledge and Information Management (DRDKIM) of Defence Research & Development Canada (DRDC)
All users must register with DRDKIM in order to search.
To request access to the CANDID On The Web database, access to our collection, or Alert Services, please complete the USER REGISTRATION FORM.
To discuss other requirements, do not hesitate to "Contact Us".
Note: In general, all information herein is for Defence Purposes Only. This means:
- That information received will be used for defence purposes only, i.e. for work on defence-related projects or duties.
- It is to be used by the recipient organization and is not to be released outside that organization without prior written authority from the Department of National Defence, Ottawa, Canada
- It is to be protected to prevent disclosure to unauthorized persons. Improper or unauthorized disclosure of this information is an offence under the Security of Information Act.
- The rights of the originator whether the information is patented or not will be respected and protected in accordance with the patent laws of the country of the originator.
- That information received must be returned to DRDKIM 2 when the requirement for retention ceases, whichever is first.